Monitor Your PHP/Java Applications with the Elastic Stack
"With microservices every outage is like a murder mystery" is a common complaint. But it doesn't have to be! This workshop gives an overview on how to monitor your PHP or Java applications.
"With microservices every outage is like a murder mystery" is a common complaint. But it doesn't have to be! This workshop gives an overview on how to monitor your PHP or Java applications. We dive into:
- System metrics: Keep track of network traffic and system load.
- Application logs: Collect structured logs in a central location.
- Uptime monitoring: Ping services and actively monitor their availability and response time.
- Application metrics: Get the information from the application's metrics and health endpoints via REST or JMX.
- Request tracing: Trace requests through a distributed system and show how long each call takes and where errors are happening.
And we will do all of that live, since it is so easy and much more interactive that way.
Bring your own laptop with SSH client.
Thursday, 2018-10-04 @ 09:00
Plaza Event Centar
> Duration: 4h
> Skill level: Intermediate
> Ticket price: 300kn (~€40)
Philipp is a Developer Advocate at Elastic, spreading the love and knowledge of full-text search, analytics, and real-time data. He is a frequent speaker at conferences and meetups about all things search & analytics, databases, cloud computing, and devops. Philipp lives in Vienna where he enjoys experimenting with software, organizing meetups, and sports.
The organizer reserves the right to cancel the workshop in case of unforseen circumstances such as speaker illness. In this case the tickets will be fully refunded.
By buying a ticket you agree to follow our Code of Conduct.